Like untold millions, and like you, we’ve been jolted by the videos of wrongful killings by police and their aftermath – jolted from our lives of quiet complacency in the Genesee Valley. As a Christian faith community, we at Central Presbyterian Church grieve for lives lost, for families torn, for dignity ignored, and for respect withheld on the basis of skin color, gender, or any other of the differences among us. We lament the role that we have played in maintaining systems that are unjust.
Following in the way of Jesus, we are committed to being reconcilers and healers in our community and in our world. We are committed to educating ourselves about the deeply rooted and sometimes subtle prejudices of our culture. We are committed to working against racism, implicit bias, and structural injustices. We are committed to taking constructive steps forward toward creating a society that is fair, loving, and compassionate toward all.
From the Pastor
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)
Options for Worship at Central Church
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. (Psalm 95:6)
It is a joy once again to have the opportunity to gather in our sanctuary to worship our creating, redeeming, and sustaining God.
As we gather in worship, we will be observing the following precautions:
- If you have a fever or do not feel well, or if you have been in the company of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend worship.
- The bulletin will be emailed to you prior to worship. Please print out a copy of the bulletin and bring it with you to worship.
- When you arrive, follow the signage concerning which doors to use. The lift, of course, will still be available for your use.
- Please wear your mask and clean your hands with hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the building. Keep your mask on while in the church building.
- The ushers will direct you so that you are seated a safe distance from others during worship. Please do not use pews that have their pew cushions flipped on their sides.
- For the safety of our staff, please do not enter the office hallway, the breezeway on the pulpit side of the chancel, or the chancel area.
If you feel that it is unwise for you to attend worship at this time, you can still watch the live worship service online at 10 AM Sunday morning via Zoom. Check the Mini Mouse for instructions on how to access Zoom using an internet connection or by telephone.
- We worship God through Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit, proclaiming the loving presence of God in the world.
- We joyfully participate in Jesus Christ's ministry of peace, compassion, and justice here in our community of Geneseo and beyond.
- We seek to learn and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, using our grace-gifts to support, encourage, and challenge one another.
Come worship with us and find a warm welcome in the name of our living Lord Jesus Christ!