Like untold millions, and like you, we’ve been jolted by the videos of wrongful killings by police and their aftermath – jolted from our lives of quiet complacency in the Genesee Valley. As a Christian faith community, we at Central Presbyterian Church grieve for lives lost, for families torn, for dignity ignored, and for respect withheld on the basis of skin color, gender, or any other of the differences among us. We lament the role that we have played in maintaining systems that are unjust.
Following in the way of Jesus, we are committed to being reconcilers and healers in our community and in our world. We are committed to educating ourselves about the deeply rooted and sometimes subtle prejudices of our culture. We are committed to working against racism, implicit bias, and structural injustices. We are committed to taking constructive steps forward toward creating a society that is fair, loving, and compassionate toward all.
From the Pastor
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17)
Options for Worship at Central Church
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. (Psalm 95:6)
Due to the significant decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases in our area, we are once again having in-person worship.
- All are welcome to in-person worship, regardless of vaccination status.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a mask during worship, though masks are not required.
- Although social distancing is encouraged, all pews in the main sanctuary will be available for seating. The church balcony will be reserved for those individuals who wish to maintain a greater distance from other worshippers.
- Online worship via Zoom will continue (contact the church office (243-0669 or office @cpcgeneseo.org) for more information about linking to the service). Church office hours will remain Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 am to noon. You are encouraged to wear a mask while in the building.
- In addition, a recording of the worship service will be available here online on Sunday.
- We worship God through Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit, proclaiming the loving presence of God in the world.
- We joyfully participate in Jesus Christ's ministry of peace, compassion, and justice here in our community of Geneseo and beyond.
- We seek to learn and to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, using our grace-gifts to support, encourage, and challenge one another.
Come worship with us and find a warm welcome in the name of our living Lord Jesus Christ!